Budget Friendly Move
Moving to a new place is exciting and most people are thrilled by the thought of moving to a new city or a new home. When practical considerations of logistics of making the move are factored in, some of that thrill turns to nervousness.
Moving need not be expensive
If you plan the move wisely, you realize that moving is not as expensive as you thought it was. Here are some of the tips that you can apply to make your move less exorbitant.
• Everything is not worth taking away - As bad as this may sound, it is true. We become emotionally attached to things in our home that are long past their utility. Moving is made more expensive by taking everything of this nature (extra boxes + extra truck space = extra money), or save by giving up some of the things that are not needed. An added bonus will be arriving clutter free to your new home.
• Research on budget friendly movers- Research on best movers in your city and compare their rates. You don't want to compromise on the quality of the moving company. You don't want to entrust your lifelong belongings to someone you can’t trust. At the same time, you don't want to hire someone who is charging higher than others without giving any extra services. Most movers charge an hourly or a flat rate for their services. What you pay could depend on a number of factors - distance, luggage and number of movers required.
• If you can, move on weekdays – It’s a fact that movers tend to be busier on weekends. Most people prefer to move on weekends. Premium rates apply over weekends. If you can move on weekdays, chances are you could end up with better rates.
• Early bird discounts - Movers are very likely to give a decent discount if you book well before time.
• Pack things yourself - If you can spare the time, energy and effort to pack yourself, you end up saving. Packing charges are almost a third of moving charges.
• Show appreciation - Movers perform a tedious function for you. It is nice to show them your appreciation for taking good care of your belongings and bringing them safely to your new home. Tips are good.
Movers help put the fun back into the moving. With a little research, it’s easy to fix on the right movers and enjoy the thrill of moving to a brand new place.
RE/MAX All Stars Realty